Massachusetts Criminal Defense Attorney William Barabino
Location: 92 High Street, DH9, Medford, Massachusetts 02155
Attorney Barabino has been a staple in the legal community for several years. He has the experience, skill and ability to ensure that you obtain the best results possible. Whether you are charged with a single misdemeanor offense in the District Court or a lifetime felony offense in Superior Court, he is ready to fight for every right that you deserve - and he is with you every step of the way. You can be confident you will have a lawyer that has represented individuals charged with offenses ranging from Homicide, OUI/DWI /DUI, License Suspensions, Juvenile Offenses, Domestic Assault and Battery, Drug Possession, Domestic Restraining Orders, Probation Violation, Sex Crimes as well as a range of other offenses.
William is well known for his trial advocacy. He has served two Governors as a member of the Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee (JJAC). The JJAC, along with other experts, give the Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety input in developing a statewide plan for identifying and offering guidance on matters relating to delinquency prevention and overall child well-being.
Attorney Barabino has been named a "Massachusetts Rising Star" by the publishers of Boston Magazine and Law and Politics Magazine in 2009 and 2008. The distinction, awarded to less than five (5%) percent of all Massachusetts lawyers, was based on ballots cast by Massachusetts attorneys, asking them to identify the best lawyers, under the age of 40, whom they had personally observed in action.
William is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, The U.S. District Court, The U.S. Appeals Court, The U.S. Supreme Court, and The Veteran Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and the U. S. Department of Defense for Military Commissions.
Attorney Barabino is a Medford resident, business owner and former appointed member of the Wakefield Board of Registrars. In addition to his legal advocacy, he has served as a U.S. Army Officer/Paratrooper.
Be assured that you have an attorney that is fully aware that any involvement in criminal court can affect your future or current career choices as well as your overall employability. Aside from employment limitations, some criminal charges could result in license suspension even though the charge does not involve a motor vehicle. A criminal record may result in the denial, suspension or termination of professional licenses(s). Additionally, many individuals are surprised to learn that a criminal charge or conviction can result in firearms licenses being suspended or their right to carry being taken away all-together. Offenses that are of a sexual nature come with registration boards such as the Sex Offender Registry Board (SORB). Attorney Barabino is aware of these collateral consequences and realizes the importance of ensuring that your rights are protected and everything that can be done on your behalf is done and done right.
Let's sit down and discuss your rights. Call for a free consultation at 781-393-5900.
Areas of Practice
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Court of Veterans Appeals, 2003
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- Former Department of Defense, Civilian Defense Counsel Certification
- Massachusetts School of Law, Andover, Massachusetts | J.D.
- University of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts - B.A. Major: Legal Studies
- National Criminal Defense College, Trial Practice Institute, Macon, Georgia 2010, 2009
- Cutting Edge in Forensics 2016
- Completed National College for DUI Defense 2013
- Completed National College for DUI Defense 2017
- U.S. Army Officer/Paratrooper; Officer Candidate School; Infantry Officer Basic Course; Captains Career Course, Airborne School
* On the Forefront Again, The Reformer Magazine, Spring, 2005
* Commonwealth v. Valerio Giambattista Massachusetts Supreme Court (2004)
* John Doe v. Sex Offender Registry Board No. 20073 11-P-868 (2012)
* Soucy v. Commonwealth Massachusetts Supreme Court (2015) SJC-11779
Honors and Awards & Appointments
- Former Register of Voters, Wakefield, Massachusetts
- Attorney Barabino has been named a "Massachusetts Rising Star" by the publishers of Boston Magazine and Law and Politics Magazine in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008.
- In 2010, The Massachusetts Bar Association and Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Legal Publication selected Attorney Barabino as the recipient the “Excellence in the Law” award.
- Former Board Member Justinian Law Society of Massachusetts
- 2014 Criminal Panel Presenter- Massachusetts School of Law
- Volunteer for Essex County Bar Assocation Advocates, Inc-- Participant Trial Skills Program for Lawyers 2014
- Gubernatorial Appointee Committee Member of the Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee, 2006 - 2009
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- Former U.S. Army Officer/Paratrooper, Lt.
- U.S. Military Commissions/Department of Defense, Counsel, CUBA
- Completion Plague National College of DUI Defense, 2013, 2017